Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Show and Tell: Pink Pencil Skirt

I have no clue what pattern I used for this pretty skirt (hopefully you'll like it and agree that it's pretty).  It's nothing special really, just a regular old pencil skirt.
My best school teacher impression~
Except that I made it with upholstery fabric~

As soon as I saw this fabric I could only see it as a skirt and couldn't imagine it as a chair or couch or some other piece of furniture.

It's a great outfit for those work meetings when I actually have to look professional and put together.


Everyone should have at least one great fitting pencil skirt in their closet.  Do you???

10 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh you look lovely my dear.

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

so sweet, you naughty girl :)
Love ~

Gen said...

Yes, a classic! Looks very pretty on you. Of course I have one but I stuck to plain old black! can't go wrong with black... though now I'm liking this pink pattern quite a lot actually. cheers,
Gen

Jessica PierreAuguste said...

I don't have a pencil skirt but this makes me want one! I recently made some arm chair covers for my grandparents using upholstery fabric and the thickness was driving me crazy. Why won't it lay flat when I iron it?!
Your skirt looks great, I just don't know if that fabric and I can get along with each other.
Thanks for sharing!

Little City Farm said...

This is beautiful. I love a nice pencil skirt and your fabric looks great.

Kate @ craftwhatever said...

Sawadi-kah! (I have only been to Thailand once) I might have a dumb question, but can you wash upholstery fabric? I always thought you can't. Then could it be dry-cleaned? Make me smarter here : )

Unknown said...

Great idea! Have so much fun in Thailand.

Thanks so much for taking part in our Pin'Inspiration Party. Hope that you are having as much fun exploring as I am and that you'll take part in helping the "Beat the Winter Blues" on Saturday.

Elle and Lou said...

Yes- looks much better on you that some couch! Nice pattern

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Love that skirt!! Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'! I'll be featuring you tomorrow, so be sure to stop by and grab a 'featured' button!

Anonymous said...

You know, I thrifted some upholstery fabric on big tubes a few weeks ago. There was a beautiful brown one in there. I think I'll save a piece of it for just this skirt. It'd be a great first sew for after the baby is born - which will be soon!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...