Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Show and Tell: Purple Peasant Dress

If you've taken a peek at the Show and Tell tab up top you might have noticed that I sort of have a thing for peasant dresses.  I love them!  They're cute, they're pretty, and best of all...they're super comfy.

Here's one I made ages ago, but have yet to wear.


I don't have a pattern to show you because it's one of those ones where I just took the best bits of a couple that I liked.  I think it's a Vogue blouse bodice and neckline, some other sleeves with a ruffle added, and then lengthened to a dress, with a ruffle added to the bottom hem.

It's made with a very light weight georgette type fabric.  I just love the big paisley pattern so much.


And what's really fun, is that if I feel like being a little flirty I can bring the neckline down around my shoulders because it's elasticized.


It's just so pretty, but where the heck am I going to wear it???? Anyone having a garden party? Maybe I could drop by in my pretty dress.

7 comments:

Elise Engh said...

Very pretty! You have some talent. Combining several patterns to make one dress that looks that good is quite amazing to me.

Little City Farm said...

Oooh, look at you all flirty, lol. If you are ever in the area, wear the dress and I'll throw a garden party especially for you.

WobiSobi said...

As always Love, Love, the dress the pattern. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

You look great in that dress.

Mary, MI

Chandra said...

Such a sweet dress and I love the print too:D New to your blog and would like to invite you to share your personal style with my readers on Wednesdays!

Enjoy your day,
Chandra
www.astylishlittlelady.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

pretty pretty pretty! i am a new follower. found your blog through the along for the ride grow your blog series party deal.

Jill said...

Gorgeous dress Tamara! You must find somewhere to wear it!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...