Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kids Vintage Halter Top

I came across this awesome pattern at the second hand shop the other day and just had to make that cute little halter top!



I started with the ruffled version:

vintage halter top, Easy kids halter, easy sewing

And then realized I finally had a great project to use up a doily I had cut up previously along with some left over denim from my cut-offs project:

vintage halter top, Easy kids halter, easy sewing

This is such a great stash buster.  The body takes hardly any fabric, you can just use bias tape for the edges/straps, and you can embellish it a million different ways.  I love hidden treasures like this!

6 comments:

Inspired by you said...

Great job! I remember wearing one of those as a kid.

Gail @ http://biblelovenotes.com said...

I love the vintage pattern, and both halters turned out really nice. My favorite is the ruffles. What a sweet-looking little model you had too. Gail (BibleLoveNotes.com)

Seaweed and Raine said...

Cute pattern! I love finding vintage patterns that are total gems! :)

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Tamara,
My beloved godmother every year made me 3 or 4 new dresses, I remember very well to choose them from that kind of vintage magazines... your lovely niece has so sweet eyes!
Have a wonderful week.

Hugs from Portugal
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Such cute tops! I'd like a ruffle one myself!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

blissfulsewing said...

What a pretty top, who wouldn’t love it!
www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...