Friday, September 6, 2013

Super Kid T-Shirt

I usually have a hard time coming up with something interesting to make for my nephew but this week I think I hit the nail on the head!

super kid T-Shirt, Tulip paint, glow in the dark, fabric paint idea

This super T-Shirt is super easy to make.  Here's what you need:

Materials:
-1 T-shirt
-2 pieces of cardstock
-Fabric paint (I used glow in the dark dimensional paint)
-to make your life easier use a cutting machine, but this theoretically can be done without one.

Steps:
1) First I made a template with my Silhouette.  You can use an image that's already made for rhinestone placement or make one of your own.


I found a font online that fit every letter of the alphabet into the Superman logo.  I enlarged it in my Silhouette program and then place little circles all over it to make a template.  Then removed the image of the font and was left with this:

Use cardstock to make sure it has enough
weight to hold your pattern.
2) Place the other piece of cardstock on the inside of your T-shirt so that the paint doesn't seep through, then place your template on top.


3) Just dot your paint into each little circle.

4) And then carefully remove your template! Voila!


 5) Let it dry overnight and you'll be amazed with the results!


It's a good thing I put the extra paper underneath otherwise the paint definitely would've stuck the front and back together and seeped right through.  This particular paint dried in it's little dot shapes and barely moved at all.  It has a fun rubbery texture too that I think kids would love!

I think I'll make a pair of pj pants to go with this so he can have some super cool glow-in-the dark pjs.

Hopefully this is a step up from all of the shorts and pants that I've been making him all summer~

You can easily use any simple shape.  Girls would love stars or flowers and you wouldn't really even need a template.  What kind of design would you use?

You can see my original craft paint project here~

Have a crafty weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Donna Wilkes said...

Did it glow in the dark? I think he should wear this with the cool board shorts you made him!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

What a cute & clever idea!!

Mandy Beyeler said...

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts. You were featured today!
--Mandy, SugarBeeCrafts.com

Linh C. said...

This shirt is so cute! I think my 6 year old nieces would love wearing glow-in-the-dark shirts. Thanks for sharing.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...