Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Skirt Recycle

I picked up this great peasant top pattern from the second hand shop not so long ago.

Vogue 9862 Circa 1998
I try to stop myself from purchasing more peasant top patterns because I already have so many, but I really liked view C so I succumbed to the temptation.

I just couldn't find the right fabric that I wanted to use from my stash, and since I'm on a self imposed ban from buying sewing and crafting supplies I had to get creative.

I ended up pulling out this old cotton wrap skirt that I no longer wear.


Every once in awhile I go through a phase where I'm completely drawn to cutesy floral prints~

Vogue 9862

I was able to piece together enough fabric to  make View C!


I decided to leave the elastic off of the bottom of the sleeves but still added lace to the bottom hem.


Tah dah....my skirt has been recycled into a new peasant top!

Skirt to top, skirt recycle, refashion

This will be great for summer and for travelling!

I have a hard time letting go of clothes that still fit, especially if I've made them, even if they are slightly out of fashion.  Sometimes this bad habit comes in handy though~

How about you?  Do you recycle old clothes into something new or hand them down?  Leave a comment below~

3 comments:

free style creating by Villy said...

Great recycling!Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Loved the blouse. I have made several items from sheets. They are a great way to get yardage for sewing.

Mindy said...

Nicely done! Way to recycle your previous hard work. =)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...