Friday, December 26, 2014

Books This Year

Somewhere around mid year I noticed a little feature on Goodreads where you could post your goal for how many books you wanted to read for the year.

I knew that I had lost quite a bit of time earlier in the year when I got sidetracked by watching all 7 seasons of Stark Trek: The Next Generation in a row, so I randomly figured I could read 30 books by the end of the year....and I did!



There are a few in there that I didn't tell you about on any Tell a Tale Thursday posts.  That's because I wanted to keep my reading posts here to just the good ones (that's a nice way of saying that there were a few duds), but if you find me on Goodreads you can read all of my reviews.

The top reads for me this year were easily Cane River and The Flower Boy.  They were both beautiful stories that took me outside of my regular Historical Fiction genre.

I'm so grateful for Goodreads.  Without it I'd never remember some of the books I read.  And it keeps me honest too!  I thought I had read so many more books than 30 but the years are starting to melt into one another now so I'm probably just remembering great books from past years.

Next year I'll shoot for 40 books.  As long as I limit my Netflix time this should be easily reachable.  How about you?  What did your year in books look like?  What was your favourite book of the year?  Leave a comment below~


1 comment:

Donna Wilkes said...

I am checking out Goodreads. I just finished The Lost And Forgotten Languages Of Shanghai. It is one of those books you wish would never end. Started reading British mysteries by Ngaio Marsh.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...