I made mine with my Silhouette machine but with a little patience you can easily do this without a cutting machine. Here's what you need:
-Special Occasion paper and plain paper
-Glue runner, scissors
-markers or sketch pens
-if you're not using a cutting machine you can use a template or some other small round object to trace
1) Create a circle shape about 2 3/4" round.
2) Create another smaller circle just inside and off centre.
3) Make a copy of this shape, group it, and set it aside.
4) Now create an overlapping rectangle across one side of the large circle, overlapping edges.
5) In the modify toolbox, click on the Crop button. The will leave you with only the piece that was overlapping.
Now these next few steps are going to seem a little repetitive but this is how I usually operate when using my sketch pens and cutting.
6) Copy enough of your weird little shape from step 5 for the number of tags you want. Using your text tool write the names of your guests inside each one.
|I'm using the font :Gentle Touch|
8) Load up your favourite Sketch pen and send to Silhouette for printing.
VERY IMPORTANT: DO NOT MOVE YOUR MAT AFTER MACHINE IS DONE SKETCHING. Leave your mat in place and do not take it off the machine.
9) Hit undo until your screen looks like it did in step 6. Now delete all of the names. Replace your sketch pen with your cutting blade, and send to Silhouette for cutting.
10) Don't forget to cut out all of your base circles from some pretty Christmassy paper. Then just glue the pieces together.
11) I know what you're thinking...how the heck do I get this on a wine glass? Easy, just make a little snip in between the two circles.
Now you can really go to town and ink the edges or add glitter if you want, or you can just add them to your wine glasses as is. If you have a few beer drinkers at the party, steal some of this colourful little loom elastics from the playroom and attach a tag to a bottle that way~
You can make some extra blank ones for those surprise guests and just write names on with a marker. Or you can really make it fun and instead of names write some Christmas trivia on the front with the answers on the back. Get creative and have fun with your tags~
Check out my other fun (and very popular) wine glass project HERE.
What will you put on your tags? Leave a comment below.